Phone: 727.466.1705
eMail: Click Here

Here is a basic overview of a condo-unitowner's (HO6) policy

If you own a condo or co-op in Florida , you are required to purchase a condo unit-owners policy (HO6). A condo unit-owners policy provides coverage for the interior of the unit including wall coverings, floor coverings, kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, plumbing and lighting fixtures. It also covers personal belongings and liability protection.

In addition to the above coverages, the Association requires that they be listed as an additional insured on the policy and that the policy also includes $2,000 loss assessment coverage.

It is also important to know what is also covered under the “master policy” provided by the Association. Generally the policy covers the structure in to the bare walls, floor and ceiling, as well as the common areas like the roof, elevator and walkways for both liability and physical damage. For more information, please review your association’s bylaws and contact your association if you have any questions.

Please remember that flood is not covered under the condo unit-owners policy. However, a separate policy can be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Additional coverages to consider:

Please remember that policy coverages, terms and conditions vary from company to company. Be sure to review your policy to determine what coverages, terms and conditions your policy contains.